All City facilities temporary closing to public
The City of Roanoke Rapids will continue to maintain City services. In an effort to continue to limit the impact of the COVID-19 virus in the community; however, the City will close all of its facilities to the public, beginning at 5:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 18. The closure is in effect until further notice.
Members of the public are asked to conduct business with the City of Roanoke Rapids by phone at (252) 533-2800 or online at www.roanokerapidsnc.com. Examples of services that can be conducted online include the option to download permit applications (such as building, electrical, mechanical, and plumbing permit); employment applications; and departmental information.
A collection drop-box is available in the foyer of City Hall for deliveries, permit applications and payments by check-only (please do not include cash). For immediate concerns, please call the intended department phone number listed so we may work with you on a solution for your operational needs.
The City of Roanoke Rapids remains committed to providing all essential services at this time, and City officials will work to return to normal operating procedures as soon as possible.
The Magistrate’s office will remain open for business with public access.
Below is a list of helpful phone numbers for those seeking to contact city staff. In case of emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
• Directory/Switchboard: (252) 533-2800
• City Manager: (252)533-2840
• Public Works: (252) 533-2846
• Planning & Development: (252) 533-2844
• Parks & Recreation: (252) 533-2847
• Police (non-emergency): (252) 533-2810
• Fire Department (non-emergency): Station 1 (252) 533-2880; Station 2 (252) 573-9032
• Finance: (252) 533-2841
• Human Resources: (252) 533-2845
• Main Street: (252) 533-2838
CITY RECYCLING CONTAINER SITES
The City of Roanoke Rapids has two recycling container sites. One is at the Public Works facility located at 1313 Hinson Street and the other is located at the Aquatic Center at TJ Davis Recreation at 500 E. 6th Street. The public will have 24-hour access to these facilities for combined recyclable materials.
For more information, contact the Public Works Department at (252) 533-2846.
Contact Traci Storey, City Clerk, at 533-2840 for committee information.
- Beautification CommitteeHistoric Preservation Advisory Committee
- Planning Board/Board of Adjustment (In Town & ETJ Member)
- Senior Center Advisory Committee