The safety and security of our community is the City of Roanoke Rapids’ top priority. We are taking the current spread of COVID-19 very seriously and are working in partnership with Halifax County and other local partners as we continue to monitor this evolving situation closely.
The City remains fully operational at this time and residents will be informed should any functions or services change.
Currently, the risk of becoming infected with COVID-19 in North Carolina is still low. However, we encourage you to take the following measures to help you remain healthy.
- Staying home if you are ill
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces that are frequently touched
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing and sneezing
- Discarding tissues after a single use
- Following the CDC’s travel guidance
For more information on the local response to the virus, please visit Halifax County's website:
For more information on COVID19, please visit the CDC website below: