The City of Roanoke Rapids is now accepting applications for employment for the following positions:
Administrative Support Assistant I (Planning & Development Department)
An employee in this position will be working in the Planning and Development Department at City Hall
· Must be able to perform administrative, clerical and recordkeeping duties
· Excellent and professional telephone techniques, and customer services skills are a Must
·Must have proficient skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Must possess the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other departments, employees, vendors, and the general public
Salary range: $27,283.45 - $40,473.12 yr
To Apply for this position: All Applicants MUST submit a cover letter, resume & City of Roanoke Rapids Employment Application
Deadline for submission of applications: No later than 5:00 pm on Friday - August 16, 2019
Recreation Program Supervisor (Aquatic Center)
An employee in this class plans, coordinates and supervises Aquatic Center program activities. A successful candidate will have demonstrated management experience in the aquatics field, strong supervisory skills and the ability to motivate a team, and a strong sense of safety to implement good practices.
· High School diploma or GED;
· Graduation from a four year college or university with a degree in recreation administration, physical education or related degree and considerable experience in recreational programming preferred.
· Certified in American Red Cross CPR/AED preferred
· First Aid & Lifeguarding preferred
· 3-yrs of lifeguarding experience preferred
· Management experience
· Must have excellent people service skills
· Ability to provide service with integrity
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Police Officer (Roanoke Rapids Police Department)
An employee in this class performs a full range of federal law enforcement duties to protect life and property in the City.
Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET) is preferred but not required.
Application Packet may be obtained at City Hall Located at 1040 Roanoke Avenue - Roanoke Rapids, NC or this website (click on Employment Applications in the right hand column on this page)
ALL Positions are Open Until Filled (unless otherwise noted)
The City of Roanoke Rapids is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status,or any other legally protected status.
Applications may be obtained at www.roanokerapidsnc.com (click on Employment Application on right hand side of this page)
or may be picked up at City Hall – 1040 Roanoke Avenue, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Kathy A. Kearney – HR Manager – City of Roanoke Rapids