The City of Roanoke Rapids is now accepting applications for the following positions:
SANITATION EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I (Knuckleboom Operator)
An employee in the position operates a Hydraulic Knuckleboom Loader or related sanitation equipment on an assigned route to collect and dispose of solid waste and refuse from residential and business areas.
Applicants must hold a valid NC Commercial Driver's License
This position is responsible for the enforcement of state and local laws
- Answers calls for services - Investigates crimes and accidents
- Prepares incident, accident & arrest reports - Serves subpoenas
- Writes & serves arrest warrants and criminal summons - Works traffic Details
- Processes prisoners; takes fingerprints & photographs - Attends & testifies in court
- Conducts follow up investigations on case assignments
- Investigates narcotic & vice activities
- Participates in & organizes community-oriented policing activities
- Responds appropriately to critical situations; applies proper police procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Educational Development Test (GED) indicating high school equivalency. Diplomas earned through correspondence enrollment are not recognized.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associates with completion of specialized training in the field of work, in addition to basic skills typically associated with a high school education.
- Be able to furnish documentary evidence showing the applicant has bet the education requirements for the criminal justice field of expected employment.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years
- Possession of valid driver's license with an active and consecutive 3-year satisfactory verifiable driving history. Driving history will be checked. (Must be able to be licensed in the State of North Carolina.
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the North Carolina Training and Standards Commission
- Prefer that applicants possess a valid or current Basic Law Enforcement Training (B.L.E.T.) certificate but not mandatory.
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED (Posted 7/7/2020)
The City of Roanoke Rapids is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status,or any other legally protected status.
Applications may be obtained at www.roanokerapidsnc.com
(click on Employment Application on right hand side of this page)
or may be picked up at City Hall – 1040 Roanoke Avenue, Roanoke Rapids, NC
Kathy A. Kearney – HR Manager – City of Roanoke Rapids
Phone: (252) 533-2845 – Fax (252) 537-2097